2015 AFCEA Scholarship Application
The Pelican Chapter is currently accepting/reviewing college and technical school Scholarship Applications. We solicit and obtain applications through the Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Manatee School Districts. Additionally, if you know a deserving student pursuing Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math they can contact Senton Pojani, our Scholarship Committee, chair to obtain an application which must be submitted by 8 Feb 2015.
Applicants will be judged on the following criteria:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (unweighted) on a 4.0 scale.
- Record of academic achievement, community service, and extracurricular activities.
- Financial need.
- Acceptance to attend a community college, university, or technical school.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants affiliated with the Military (e.g., active duty, veteran, spouse or child of veteran) or ROTC (current ROTC or junior ROTC).
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
Completed applications must be returned via email to Mark McKim no later than 8 Feb 2015. Scholarship recipients will be announced by 1 April and recognized at our chapter's monthly luncheon on 18 April. Funds will be forwarded to either the student's local education foundation (e.g. Hillsborough Education Foundation or Pinellas Education Foundation) or the Financial Aid office of the student's school of choice and must be used no later than Fall Term 2015.